Tuesday 16 July 2013

Back in the Day: How I Learnt to Code HTML in a 3 Days

How I learnt to Code HTML in a 3 Days
HTML is one of the simplest web markup languages anyone who wants to create a successful business online, should bother to learn. For me it was a crash course that I remember today after years of learning this skill. 

I was new online and I got a job to write content but put HTML tags so that the content would be published easily by the client. For me HTML was a jargon I heard previously about but kept away from it since I did not think it was necessary to learn. So how can you follow my steps and learn to code some basic HTML in a week or so.

I researched online for free tutorials and ended up at W3Schools I must say I have not seen any other online programming school that offers the simplicity of learning ‘conc’ stuff like W3 School does. 

I got my notepad ready and began with the simple tags before moving to complex stuff; appreciate the small moves you make. If you can move a block from left to right then you are making progress. Keep going, stopping is what makes you stuck.
Look for relevant videos on YouTube; they played a great role in making me a good programmer. Make W3 School your reference but learn from You Tube videos…there are great tutorials freely available out there.
Today, I must have written thousands of scripts but I still remember my first block of code and making it display on a browser, the awesome feeling before I discovered Dreamweaver could even do it better! 
Learning on your own requires :
  • Know the best place to learn online about a skill i.e Html, CSS, Python etc...
  • Be dedicated to learning
  • Do it daily until you perfect , I used to write code even on paper daily…I was so intoxicated then and I see the results of my effort today!
  • Don’t read do it practically, W3 Schools provides you with a great way to try any code online.
  • Appreciate your progress and do something to make it better.
  • Work with something practical never try to be a theoretical coder, you will not go far with theory you have to try things out to see if they work!
  • Appreciate bugs are good for learning and sometimes it does not have to work for you to learn and become better!
  • If you are in School you got to realize what you learn in class is too little for the world of coding out here, you will learn a lot on your own and from others
  • So you too can be a student of Google and You Tube and be better in your programming. 
You can also email me your questions drjoe at gmail dot com

Or Get in Touch with me 
How I learnt to Code HTML in 3 Days

Back in the Day: How I learnt to Code HTML in a 3 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment